How is it already April?

I'm not really sure what there is to do in Stockholm, but I've heard that it's pretty cool, and I guess I'll find out soon, because I'm going tomorrow! Unfortunately didn't go anywhere last weekend though, so this post is going to be a more generic update on my life. Stay tuned for my travel update next week ☺

A frustrated note on travelling: UGH. First off, let me say, I love to travel. Definitely my favorite part of my time abroad. Besides my trip to Stockholm this weekend, I have trips planned to Dublin, Edinburgh, Prague (twice, lol), Greece and Amsterdam. BUT, it is getting into peak season and UGH. I have been spoiled with cheap flights and hotels over the past few months. I've been trying so hard to finagle whatever I can for trips, but, pray for me, everyone. There are so many places on my list. Might have to walk to them all.

Anyways, besides the travel struggle, I appropriately named this post 'How is it already April?!' because honestly, HOW IS IT ALREADY APRIL?! It feels like winter break was like last week. This semester has really flown by, which is definitely something to be aware of when you're on co-op abroad. Make the minutes count, #NoRagrets (We're the Millers reference, I'm not horrendous at spelling, I promise).

During the week I have a pretty mundane schedule (but as mentioned previously, I love schedules). I wake up, go to work, come home, make food, do some miscellaneous chores or assignments, watch YouTube videos, go to sleep and repeat. Sounds a little boring, I know, but I seriously thrive with a good schedule. Exhibit A: I've eaten the same thing for breakfast for the past, like, month, and I honestly look forward to it every morning. Basically, I'm a creature of habit.

And, even after being in Germany for so many months, everything still feels new to me. Every time I go to the grocery store I find a new food (today I found a single serve mango lassi for 90 cents!), I'm still trying to figure out my favorite cappuccino machine coffee at work (I'm thinking the cafe creme, not positive though), and I have yet to find a favorite bakery (Kamps is a good standby, but a little basic). Those random little discoveries or decisions I make every day, again, sound incredibly mundane, but proves to me that I took the familiarity of everything in the US for granted.

I have also been taking advanced writing online this semester (seriously, do it, Dr. Soroka is the best). While the class isn't necessarily hard, I'm just not a massive fan of writing (Megan, why are you doing this blog, you ask?), so it can sometimes feel like a chore. It is a pretty great class though, as I definitely feel like I'm learning things, and the things I'm learning might actually be applicable after the class is over. A novel idea, I know. We've done a basic research paper/case study (I did mine on the success of Zara, in case you're wondering), turned that into a PowerPoint presentation, did a proposal to an audience of our choosing (mine was me desperately trying to convince TJX to officially support international co-ops), and we're now turning those into short elevator pitches. So, like I said, things that could actually be applicable in my life past college! Assignments are due twice a week, and generally don't take that long, but after a long day at work, sometimes I would much rather just lay in bed with some Netflix, ya know?

BUT, the reason I took advanced writing online this semester is so I could get into the PlusOne Masters of Science in International Management program, which I just accepted a spot in today!! This program is an additional one semester (plus a summer semester) past my graduation this December, and will allow me to officially graduate in May 2018 with my Bachelors degree in international business, and my Masters degree in international management. I'm excited, to say the least. I never really thought I would ever get a Masters degree, because I don't loooove school, but when the opportunity presented itself to get an additional degree in such a short amount of time, I really couldn't pass it up. This fall I'll be taking half undergrad, half grad level classes, so stay tuned for how class registration goes on Monday...

So yeah, these are the things floating around in my brain other than just trying to remember German, and deciding where my next travel spot is. If you didn't enjoy this brain dump, my b (it was pretty therapeutic for me, must say), but, remember, you're still a real person with ties to your life back in the US when you're on co-op abroad. Next week I'll let you know what there is to do in Stockholm!

Comments

Popular Posts